All About Baby
Learn all you need to know and discover about your amazing newborn.
This class is designed to give every new parent all the tools needed to care for their infant with confidence. We will explore, practice and enjoy our time in a safe environment.
What We Cover
This is a comprehensive look at infant care taught by an educator who offers specialized insight and knowledge to help you parent in confidence. Each couple receives a binder full of information and resources covering all aspects of knowing your baby, sleep, understanding baby cues, feeding and caring for your newborn.
We also explore parent transition and what to expect for both you and your infant during the first weeks together. Also, hands-on demonstration from birth professionals in all the ways to grow as a parent.
- Newborn Appearance & Behaviour
- Newborn Tests & Procedures
- Holding & Swaddling baby
- Nursery & Baby Gear Essentials
- What to Expect the First Twelve Weeks
- Infant Sleep Patterns
- Safer Sleep & Options
- Comforting Your New Baby: Understanding the Cues
- Crying: Why Does My Baby Cry
- Developmental Milestones/Growth Spurts
- Baby Wearing & Carriers
- Diapering Options and Cord Care
- Infant Nutrition
- Bottle and Breastfeeding
- Breast Pumps
- Handling & Storing Milk
- Car Seat Safety
- Maternal Health and Self-Care
- Aligning your Support Team & Self-Care as New Parents
- Postpartum Changes and Postpartum Depression
- Relationships after Baby (sex – yes, sex!)
“Fun and 100% Valuable”
“We appreciated Kathleen’s class so much. As first time parents we were really looking for a well rounded, good overview of what to expect. Her course gives this to you. She even sticks around to answer questions making sure we leave feeling as comfortable as we can. The course was fun and 100% valuable For anyone looking for guidance and information to just help you feel more at ease, don’t go anywhere else.”
*each calendar month has a day and time set.
the day(s) available per month will be highlighted and will present itself to you as an option.